Saturday, October 23, 2004

Makkins...


My kids call these "makkins". At least they did for most of their lives. And, in private, they still will. It is "family language". Now, they are fearsome of my ability to wail across a crowded Topsfield Fair "Don't forget the Makkins!!!" and they have become accustomed to asking me, before we depart the vehicle, "to please, please, we beg of you, NOT speak family language at this event".

It's right up there with "You aren't going to wear THAT, are you?" and "No, Mom, um, don't worry, you just STAY IN THE CAR when you come to pick me up from cheerleading, like, ah, really, um, please????!"

Ah, but they do not realize the power I have over them with just one word!

......makkins.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Leontine said...

Whenever we left the house as a family, my parents would say "shoes on!", which over time of course turned into something more like "shoozon!" One year we had an Italian exchange student stay with us, and after a couple of weeks at our house, she finally said "I'm sorry, what is this word...shoozon?" So yeah. Family language. I like it.

Also, I like your illustrationfriday.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home