Monday, October 16, 2006

Bible Light











As I drove down the highway yestereday after our amazing afternoon I was gifted with a breathtaking vision before my eyes. The clouds, already dramatic and billowing, with edges of pinks and greys, separated for a few minutes, and as I was heading down 495 toward Lowell, with the whole world before me, the sun peeked through and shot rays of all colors from the clouds, bathing the landscape below. I used to call this Bible Light when I was a kid. I thought it was God.

In my entire life I have never seen this huge a spectacle of light. It was astounding. I actually cried. Usually, one sees a few white rays beaming down, but this time there must have been hundreds, all colors, pale sea green, diaphanous blue, just barely yellow, white, and it shot out in all directins.

It was the most perfect eyegasm I have ever had, I think. It reached way down into my soul, caught a thread from the inside and pulled me inside out.

I felt so damned grateful. For that vision. For my afternoon with friends. For the course of my life right now.

(note: that photo is not of what I saw, but it is the closest I can find to it...multiply the rays in that image by, say, 30, throw in a ton of colors and a lighter sky and that is much closer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home