Monday, August 01, 2005


The Devil Wears Prada...I find myself thinking today, that I am just as addicted to Us vs Them, that I am, in fact, prejudiced against some people, and I am trying to come to terms with what that means. I try, very hard, to be compassionate about all sorts of people and their lifestyles. Yet, here I was at tennis camp waiting for my daughters to be done, sitting in the lounge with Tennis Moms and their Prada Tennis bags, chatting merrily about caterers and pool parties and manicures. I was having an internal dialogue about this, and finding myself feeling pretty negative about it. Why? Just because I don't have the same sense of values, that love trumps money every time? That I shun materialism and do not true my path to the newest fad, style or "in" thing? So what. I am different. So are they. I think I should learn to be more expansive. They were not really hurting anyone else (though they did diss one of their tennis partners as soon as she left the room). I found my inner self playing Us and Them games. And I am ashamed of myself for doing so. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home