Friday, October 21, 2005

Three Thirty-One


And all I really want to do is crawl under my blankets and rest my weary head. But roofers have been banging over me all day, and children need rides to hockey. My throat is just a bit sore and my face feels sensitive and stings to the touch only on the left side, something that happens sometimes when my immune system cranks up. It feels somewhat like a sunburn, but goes down to the muscles, so it aches a bit when I smile.

Today the rather odiferous non-english speaking worker who was "wiring" the overhead fixture in the bathroom, the one with the light and the fan that was leaking water this last storm, was working up on his ladder, fiddling with the cables and wires. The lights were on over the sink. Thus, it is safe to assume the room was live. I spoke to him about the possibility of shocks using wild gesticulation. His response was to touch the wires over and over saying "No! No, eet okay, see?"

Gah.

Gah, bah and ow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home