Thursday, October 27, 2005

In The Moment...

One of the things I adore about portraiture photography is the ability I have to stay in the moment, over and over again. With different results. When I am behind the camera I am not thinking about cancer, or my fears, or about what is for dinner. I am thinking about exactly what is in front of me. And while I *do* spend time working the situation to capture the whole person, mostly what I am looking for is that moment of Grace that hides just behind the eyes. I am fortunate, buy inherited design or by my own hard work, to be able to capture that spark more often than not.

For this I am Supremely Grateful. For, when I am looking at Grace face to face, all else fades away and I bask in the sheer Joy of what it is to be human, and what it is to be a part of someone revealing the Inner Self to me, even if it is just for a split second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home