Friday, January 26, 2007

If I were a dog...



I spend more time with dogs than I do people (20 + hours a week). If I *were* a dog, this is the one I would marry. All Disney-like, replete with a reception and slurpy spaghetti a la Lady and the Tramp. I have loved a few dogs like this. My other dog love was Otis, a Rodesian Ridgeback owned by my friend, Jenny. He passed away a while ago, to be replaced with Rudy, a mutt who is gaining my affection, albeit slowly. I rather like it when he sticks his nose in my crotch and sniffs deeply. I tell him frequently that he gives me more action than I have seen in months and months. It gets annoying after a while, though. I push him away.

I like people. I even love some people. But, give me a dog and an endless span of woods and I am a happy camper. My dog friends love to see me. They greet me with fraptious joy every blessed time, as if I were covered in liver and bacon. People, not so much. Sometimes, but not with the regularity of Les Chiens.

This is why I have an oval bumper sticker on my car that says, simply:

"WOOF"

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Scholz said...

Wooof

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home