Sunday, April 10, 2005

War

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This war must stop. I don't have any answers as to how to accomplish this, but the losses far outweigh the gains. Some say that limiting our dependency on oil will make the difference. I don't know about that. It might stop some of the madness, deflate some of the air from this ballon of misery and destruction. But, it is within the historical nature of many countries outside of ours to fight, to believe in things so deeply that they defend with their lives, and take others in homage to their belief systems, consistently, as far back as time is recorded. Centuries have proven that thier cultural identity is partly defined by these peoples engagement in war. I believe that undoing that history is not possible, though change IS possible, slow, change. Someday this type of war will be a fossil in the bedrock of Human Nature. Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know.

All I know is that when I found this doll on the side of the road, all I could think and feel was a sadness at the losses.

Some child made this doll and lost it. Some mother made a child and lost it.

This is so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home