Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Currently Licking My Ears...



I got this cd via half.com after zizzing around iTunes last week. I think it was linked with Glen Phillips (another cd I got after hearing only 1 track). There is a distinct possiblity that I landed near Costa after reading Zach Braff's blog. Anything even remotely related to Zach gets my immediate attention. As if Scrubs wasn't enough, then Gardn State and now his new flick...he has his finger squarely on the pulse of joy-folk-indie bands and I think his choices for his soundtracks rock the igloo.

Anyway, this is a keeper, and one that I have listended to, oh, 10 times since I got it in the mail yesterday. Good driving music, excellent coffee in bed music and a great new friend for my ears.

After having to listen to the "Licky, Licky, Crunk and Bootie" music of my teens while we drive around (insufferable crap) coming home to my computer to do work, listening to this music is like a vacation in the mountains after living in gridlock for a year. With a midget jumping on my head. Yelling about cognac and gettin- it on.
Bah.

When I listen to this music I think of Natalie Portman in Garden State, listening to her walkman and jiving about in silence. Then again, it does not take much to make me think of Natalie Portman.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who saw the similarity betwee V (in V for Vendetta) and the Prince in Shrek???? That bugged me the whole time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home